Friday, November 13, 2009

Popular Children's Books


Children aquire a love for reading from an early age. Babies love the bonding and listening to our voices, toddlers enjoy the colors, pictures and characters, while school age and young adults become more immersed in the story line and plot the more they read and the older they become.

Popular Children's Books can be categorized by age and include those books for babies through age 3, ages 4 through 8, ages 9 through 12, and young adult readers.

Watching my own child progress through the baby years, then toddler and preschool years, and now early education years, it has been inspirational on a personal level to witness the growth and love of books. As a result of my child's love of reading I have rekindled my love of reading. That's a definite plus in my world/

Children's popular books include classics like Winnie the Pooh, Goodnight Moon, Diary of a Wimppy Kid, and of the Eric Carle books such as The Very Hungry Caterpillar, the fabulous Fancy Nancy books, and the Twilight Saga books for young adults.

I am hard pressed to think of another activities that opens so many doors of creativity and learning than reading. In my opinion teaching a child to read and seeing them foster that desire on their own as they grow older is one of the most rewarding aspects of parenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adsense